As Snapchat users are well aware of the app it keeps on adding many new features to the platform. Although all the features help the users to get more involved in the app, they are hard to understand. Its features in the form of emojis and symbols confuse almost every Snapchat user. As with the May 2023 update of the app, Snapchat has joined the bandwagon to add the feature- Time Sensitive. Do you know the meaning of the time-sensitive feature on Snapchat and how it works? Let’s find it out together.
What does Time Sensitive mean on Snapchat?
The Time Sensitive feature was first introduced by Apple to bypass the DND service with important notifications. Now Snapchat has also joined the team and allows you to access notifications from your best friends or others even when you have turned the notifications for Snapchat off on iOS.
Even though you turn off the notifications of Snapchat on your device, time-sensitive notifications will still be shown on the top so that you can’t miss any important information or snaps. This feature is extremely helpful for some, but others find it useless and disturbing. That’s why the app also has provided you the ability to turn it off. Hope by now it must be clear to you- what does time-sensitive mean on Snapchat?
Why do users need to turn Snapchat’s time-sensitive feature off?
After knowing the meaning and working of the feature, you must wonder why anyone would want to turn it off when it is that helpful. There are plenty of reasons for this. One of the most common is privacy concerns. When someone activates DND for a particular app, they mean not to get any notification from that app. And for those types of users, time-sensitive Snapchat is just useless.
Let’s see some of the common reasons for not liking the time-sensitive feature of Snapchat:
- When you use the app just for entertainment purposes nothing is more important than your privacy.
- It is unclear from the app which notifications it marks as important and keeps them in the time-sensitive category. So some users think it’s useless.
- Although it notifies you of losing streak counts with your best friend, if you visit frequently on the app then it may be of no use for you.
- You want only work-related notifications to display as messages from social media could distract your focus.
There may be other reasons as well. If time-sensitive Snapchat is of no use to you too, then you may also want it to turn off. Let’s move further with that.
How to disable the Time sensitive feature on Snapchat?
Although the time-sensitive feature is very helpful for those who don’t want to miss anything important on the app, if it bothers you then follow these steps:
- Open the Settings on your device
- Head to the Notifications
- Scroll down and click on Snapchat
- The toggle off for the Time Sensitive feature.
Android devices do not acquire time-sensitive features but you still manage the notifications for Snapchat in Android:
- Open Settings
- Tap on the Apps section
- Locate the Snapchat app from the list
- Click on Notifications
- Turn off the Notifications Toggle for unimportant notifications.
This action will turn the unwanted notifications from the app off. You will keep getting others.
Time-sensitive features can be proven beneficial if you don’t frequently visit the app, want to maintain a time-sensitive streak, and want to miss anything important from your best friend. Learn more in detail about this feature from its source Ityug247, you will get in-depth knowledge about this feature.